Friday, August 17, 2007

The Most Beautiful Thing

Words: Chernie Ong
Music: Joemar Caparas


I ran away and hide,
Thinking all these things was a lie.
Time passed by and I wait,
Hoping for something great.

I laughed with my friends,
I cried for the pains,
I thought nothing last forever,
That there’s nothing to remember.

I wanted to please the world,
But I just cannot afford.
In the end I fall,
And I don’t have anything at all.

Someone told me of someone,
Someone who loves me more than anyone,
I only laughed at myself and say,
Who would love a rug in display?

Chorus:

But just then I breakdown and cry,
How could someone so wonderful die?
He died on the cross to save me
Thinking not Himself but me.

And now someone did ask me,
What’s the most beautiful thing that happened to me?
I looked back and remembered the cross,
That’s enough for me to boast.

The world hates me now.
But who cares? I’ll never be down.
For if they knew what’s inside of me,
They would sing joyfully.

Now, I laughed with my friends,
I cried for the pains,
But I know something last forever,
Someday I’ll be with my father.

No comments: